The TUFFA 2440 Litre Plastic Fire Protected Bunded Oil Tank is a slimline model manufactured in extremely durable plastic.
The integral fire protection barrier protects the contents of the tank, providing a 30 or 60-minute fire-rated barrier enabling tank installation adjacent to or even inside buildings. Designed to be neatly hidden away in narrow installations, this oil tank can hold up to 2440 litres (537 gallons) of heating oil.
The integrally fire-rated system meets the functional requirements of Building Regulations and can be installed and signed off under Competent Persons schemes such as APHC. With a fitted bund, the tank also provides protection against any leakage or spills.
- Enables you to save valuable outside space and hide your tank away behind or even inside outbuildings
- Offers a perfect solution to replace old tanks which are sited within 1.8m of buildings and structures and are incompliant with modern regulations
- Great alternative form of compliance to constructed fire barriers without the need for additional building work
- All of our fire-protected tanks are bunded offering integral protection from leakage and overfilling
- Made from recyclable and corrosion-resistant polyethylene plastic
- Compatible with HVO fuel and HVO kerosene blends
- 30-minute fire protection – install a domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
- 60-minute fire protection – install a domestic tank inside an uninhabited building such as a garage (pending installer/inspector approval)
- 60-minute fire protection – install a non-domestic tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries
Oil Level Monitor
This tank comes complete with two level monitors
The float gauge is from Afriso, a small mechanical clock gauge for measuring the tank’s contents by a float that sits on the fuel and goes up and down with the level. The clock display shows a scale of Empty 1⁄4, 1⁄2, 3⁄4, and full, allowing you to quickly identify the approximate fuel tank level.
The Watchman Sonic level gauge comprises of a tank-mounted transmitter unit and a plug-in (three-pin)receiver unit. The tank transmitter constantly checks the level in the tank and transmits this to a plug-in receiver unit which displays the oil level on the easy-to-read LCD screen. When the level of oil in the tank gets below 10%, the fuel dispensing pump symbol appears, indicating to the householder that it is time to order some more oil. It has a 200 meters range.
Tuffa’s fire-protected oil tanks serve as an alternative means of compliance when compared to traditional fire barriers. It is the responsibility of the Competent Person installing the tank, or the building inspector certifying the installation, to ensure a site-specific risk assessment has been conducted.
30-minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank a minimum of 300mm from other buildings and structures. Where access is required (e.g. at the front of the tank to fill it) then a minimum distance of 600mm is required.
60-minute fire protection Enables the installation of an oil tank within a garage or other internal space where it is impractical to install the tank externally to the building. The tank must be installed in an uninhabitable area (e.g. a garage or outbuilding), at the lowest possible level in the building or structure. Additionally, the tank must be installed a minimum of 300mm from other internal walls and structures or 600mm where access is required. For further information view Tuffa’s Installation Guidance.
- Top outlet – a 10mm top outlet for installations where oil is to be drawn out of the top of the tank, replacing the 1” bottom outlet. This tank is calibrated for anti-siphon protection up to a height of 1.6m as standard. Contact us where a greater height is required.