A fire-rated oil tank / fire-protected oil tank to meet all requirements. Available in plastic or steel from 900 to 2440 litre capacity with either 30 or 60 minute fire protection. They can be installed as close as 300mm from a structure and only 600mm clearance where physical access is required, helping you to comply with installation regulations. Tuffa tanks are some of the toughest on the market with a design life of 20+ years with the plastic tanks and 30+ years with the steel tanks. Both plastic and steel tanks come with a 10-year warranty when registered with Tuffa.
We have the answers, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as fast as we can.
As the name would suggest, the tank is protected from fire for a certain amount of time thanks to its intregrally fitted fire protection system. Just like a conventional bunded oil tank, only the fire rated tanks are available with a 30 or 60 minute fire protection rating. Along with other advantages, these tanks can be installed where traditional oil tanks cannot.
Yes, all Tuffa Fire-Protected Oil Tanks are integrally bunded.
They can be installed as close as 300mm from structures including:
• Buildings and structures (including windows, doors, eaves, a garage or shed)
• A flue (provided heat doesn’t dispel onto the tank)
• Boundaries (including a wooden fence)
• Screening (including trellis and foliage)
A site-specific risk assessment should always be conducted by the Competent Person installing the tank or a building inspector before carrying out any installation. We strongly recommend that a site-specific risk assessment is conducted before purchasing an oil tank.
Oil tanks can be installed within a garage or other uninhabited building located at a domestic property but requires a fully enclosed non-combustible fire-resistant chamber with 60-minute fire resistance. Tuffa Fire Protected Oil Tanks are factory-fitted with an independently tested fully encompassing fire-resistant material which offers 60-minute fire resistance. A Tuffa 60-minute fire resistance oil tank can be installed inside a domestic building provided that the tank:
• Is installed in an uninhabitable area (e.g. a garage or outbuilding)
• Is fitted with at least 60-minute fire protection
• Has a secondary containment system (bund) which can hold 110% capacity of the primary tank. All Tuffa Fire Protected Oil Tanks are integrally bunded.
• Is installed at the lowest possible level in the building or structure
• Is sited with at least a 300mm clearance separating the tank and other structures or barriers
• Is sited with at least 600mm clearance where physical access is required (e.g. for filling the tank)
• Is vented to the open air sufficiently to prevent stagnation, independently of any other part of the premises and preferably by natural means. Our Fire Protected Oil Tanks with 60-minute fire resistance are factory-fitted with a remote vent and remote fill connection point.
A site-specific risk assessment should always be conducted by the Competent Person installing the tank or a building inspector before carrying out any installation. We strongly recommend that a site-specific risk assessment is conducted before purchasing an oil tank-
It is recommended that these tanks are installed on a solid concrete base at least 100mm thick which extends at least 300mm around the tank’s perimeter. Please note, 600mm clearance is required where access to the tank is needed, e.g. at the front of the tank.
These tanks are delivered on a large goods lorry to the kerbside. You can select the customer offload option if you have the means to offload the tank from the delivery vehicle yourself, which is free. Alternatively, if you do not have the means to offload the tank, you can select the HIAB offload option for an additional fee. The HIAB is a small crane attached to the delivery vehicle which lowers the tank from the vehicle to the ground (to the side of the delivery vehicle only)(to the kerbside).
Tuffa Fire Pro-fire rated oil tanks are available in plastic or steel with either, 30 or 60 minutes of fire protection. These tanks are the answer when a conventional oil tank cannot be sited due to installation regulations.